Moong dal 1/3 cup
Milk 2 cups
Honey 1/4 cup
Butter 3 tbsn
Cashew 10 no
Raisin 2 tbsn
1. Cook moong dal and mash it well.
2. Grind dates with enough water to make a fine paste.
3. Heat 2 tbsn of butter in a thick bottom pan, and add date- dal mixture. Cook on medium heat stirring continuously till all liquid is evaporated and ghee separates. Add honey and cook for few more seconds.
4. Add milk little by little, stirring continuously. Cook on low heat till thickened. Switch off flame.
5. Heat remaining butter in a pan and fry cashew and raisin separately and pour over the payasam.