Chicken – 1 whole
Red Chilli Powder – 5 gms
Green Chillies – 20 gms
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 10 gms
Ginger – 10 gms
Salad Oil – 15 ml
Garlic – 10 gms
Orange Colour (Erythrocyn) – 5-7 drops
Papaya (green) – 5 gms
Salt – to taste
Juice of 1/2 lime
Curds – 390 ml
1. Prepare the chicken (pluck, singe and skin).
2. Cut slits lengthwise over the breast portion and breathwise over the leg portion carefully.
3. Apply salt and sprinkle lime juice all over and keep aside.
4. Grind green chillies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
5. Beat curds thoroughly. Add ground spices.
6. Grind papaya and add. Beat well again.
7. Add the chilli powder and beat well.
8. Add salad oil and colour and strain through fine sieve.
9. Rub the batter all over the body of the chicken and well inside the slits.
10. Let it soak in the batter for at least 12 hours.
11. Thread chicken on to a thin iron rod and place it well inside the tandoor.
12. Remove when well done. 13. Serve hot with onion rings and pieces of lime.
Originally posted 2009-01-22 14:36:15.