1 kg chicken
500 gms Basmati rice
500 gms onions
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
500 gms curd
3-4 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup dhania and pudina leaves, chopped
1 tsp haldi
1 tsp dhania powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp edible food colour
Salt to taste
1) Marinate chicken with curd, garlic-ginger paste, salt, haldi, dhania powder and garam masala. Keep aside for two hours.
2) Parboil the rice and drain excess water.
3) Cut onions into long thin slices and fry them.
4) Take a large pan and spread out alternate layers of rice and chicken in it.
5) Garnish with dhania and pudina leaves and sprinkle food colour evenly on top and cook for about 45 minutes.