Capsicum 3 Medium size
Potato 2 Medium size
Tomato 2 Medium size
Garlic 3 Cloves
Ginger Small Piece
Black Pepper Powder
1. Cut Capsicum into medium sized pieces and remove all the seeds. Peel the potatoes and cut into medium sized pieces.
2. Peel and chop garlic and ginger into small pieces.
3. Heat oil on medium flame. Add mustard seeds.
4. When mustard seeds crackle, lower the flame and add asafoetida.
5. Add paprika, turmeric, garam masala, black pepper and stir immediately on low flame.
6. Add capsicum, potatoes and increase the flame to high. Stir continuously to avoid any burning of spices.
7. Add finely chopped tomatoes and continue to mix thoroughly on a high flame.
8. Add salt and stir.
9. Cover it with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes on low flame.
Key:Stirring is essential on high flame to avoid burning of vegetables or spices.