1. CDR is saved for a period of 1 year max.
2. CDR access is given to SP and to higher rank of SP but not to anyone else
3. You can’t get it through RTI or from the telecom operator
4. You can get CDR only for your number but not others
5. You can use CrPC 91 but it’s not easy and the time you have the order in hand your CDR itself would be deleted
6. Best way is write a letter to SP / IO / PS including IG/DG of police asking to preserve, issue you and consider it as a part of investigation
7. Keep Cc to Ministry Of Home Affairs and Human Rights Commission
THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO DISCLAIMER, TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MYNATION.NET AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS A LEGAL OPTION OR ADVICE. ALWAYS PURSUE ADVICE OF LAWYER PERTAINING TO YOUR SPECIFIC CASE OR LEGAL ISSUES.
Author : Nagraj Thadur