CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
(Room No.315, BWing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi 110 066)
Prof. M. Sridhar Acharyulu (Madabhushi Sridhar)
Shakuntala Sharma Vs. Women & Child Development Dept, GNCTD
Important Dates and time taken:
RTI application: 2912015 FA/FAO:64/17415(11)
Disposed of with Hearing: 01072015
The appellant is present along with her husband Devi Dayal Sharma. The Public Authority is represented by Mr. Shyam Singh, Superintendent.
2. The Appellant by his RTI application had sought information as to whether the protection officer before giving his Domestic Incident Report, had followed the guidelines laid down by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Criminal Appeal No. 1251 of 2014, whether any enquiry was made from relative or friend of ours etc. Having received no information, appellant made first appeal. Claiming nonfurnishing of information, appellant approached the Commission.
3. This is a case of old couple (appellant & her husband), who were allegedly impleaded in a domestic violence case under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, by their daughterinlaw. The appellant says her son and daughterinlaw were living far away (2000 Km) from them, who were at Haslina Air Force Station (West Bengal State), while the old couple are living in Delhi. Appellant claimed that they had no connection with their living. She filed an RTI application to know the basis of DIR (Domestic Incident Report) filed by the Protection Officer.
4. The respondent officer submitted that the DIR was prepared by Ms. Pooja Roy, Protection Officer and the PIO was Ms. Sarmista Sharma. The Commission directs the PIO, Ms. Sarmista Sharma, to obtain from the Protection Officer, Ms. Pooja Roy information about the basis of the complaint by daughter-in-law, copies of statements if any, of any persons, details of inquiry conducted by her etc and furnish the same to the appellant, within 15 days from the date of receipt of this order.
5. The appeal is disposed of accordingly.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu) Information Commissioner Authenticated true copy (Babu Lal) Deputy Registrar.
Address of the parties :
1. The PIO under RTI, Govt. of Delhi Department of Women and Child Dervelopment Sanskar Ashram Complex, Dilshad Garden, North East District, Delhi 110085
2. Ms. Shakuntala Sharma C12/412, Yamuna Vihar Delhi 110053