* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
+ CRL.M.C. 3390/2017
ROOP RAM ANR ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. Lave Kr. Sharma, Adv. with
Mr.Saket Gogia, Adv. with petitioners in person.
STATE OF DELHI ORS ….. Respondents
Through Ms.Aashaa Tiwari, APP for State
with SI Jaichand, P.S. Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi.
Mr. Kuldeep Rai, Advocate for R-3 along with
respondent No.3 in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE VINOD GOEL
1. Respondent no. 3 is present in court. She is being represented by her
counsel. She is duly identified by IO SI Jaichand.
2. The petitioners have approached this court under Section 482 of the
Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (in short ‘Cr.PC’) for quashing of
the FIR bearing No.32/2013, registered on 29.01.2013 against them
with Police Station Mukherjee Nagar, North West District, Delhi,
under Sections 354/509/34 IPC on the complaint of respondent No.3.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner has handed over certified copies of
orders passed in connected cases. Same are taken on record.
4. The marriage of the son of petitioner no.1 namely Praveen Bharti with
the respondent no. 3 was solemnized on 01.09.1997. However, due to
some disputes between them, they could not reconcile with each
Crl.M.C. No.3390/2017 Page 1 of 3
other. Resultantly, the respondent no.3 left the matrimonial home and
she lodged a complaint with CAW Cell which culminated into FIR
No.157/2006 under section 498A/406/34 IPC, PS Mukherjee Nagar,
District North-West, Delhi against her husband and his family
members. Subsequently, the matter was settled by the respondent
no.3 with them. A decree of divorce was granted by the learned
Principal Judge-I, Family Court, Rohini Court, Delhi on 13.09.2012
by mutual consent, by which the marriage between the respondent
no.3 and Praveen Bharti was dissolved.
5. Later on due to some disputes between the respondent no.3 and her in
laws, the above said FIR No.32/2013 in question was registered
against the petitioners.
6. Admittedly, the FIR No.157/2006 under section 498A/406/34 IPC
was quashed by this Court in Crl.M.C. 890/2013 on 24.09.2013.
7. The petitioners and the respondent no. 3 have settled their disputes
pertaining to FIR No. 32/2013. Copy of Memorandum of
Understanding dated 11.08.2017 is already on record. The respondent
No.2 states that she has voluntarily settled and resolved all disputes
with the petitioners without any force and coercion. She submits that
she does not want to pursue the said FIR. She submits that the said
FIR may be quashed.
8. Learned ASC through IO submits that the charge sheet has already
been filed against the petitioners.
9. Since the parties have amicably settled all their disputes, no fruitful
purpose would be served in further pursuing the said FIR. Hence, to
secure ends of justice, the FIR bearing No.32/2013, registered on
Crl.M.C. No.3390/2017 Page 2 of 3
29.01.2013 against them with Police Station Mukherjee Nagar, North
West District, Delhi, under Sections 354/509/34 IPC and proceedings
arising out of the said FIR are hereby quashed.
10. The petition is disposed of accordingly.
VINOD GOEL, J.
SEPTEMBER 12, 2017/jitender
Crl.M.C. No.3390/2017 Page 3 of 3