The Airports Authority Of India Act,1994
42. Power to make regulations.
(1) The Authority may make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder to provide for all mutters for which provisions is necessary or expedient for the purpose of giving of effect to the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing power such regulations may provide for
(a) The time and placed of the meeting of the Authority and the procedure to the followed for the transaction of business including the quorum at such meetings under sub-section 91) of section 8
(b) The conditions of service and the remuneration of officers and after employees to be appointed by the authority under clause (e) of sub-section (3) of section 12
(c) The construction of residential accommodation for the officers and other employees appointed by the Authority under clause (e) of sub-section (3) of section 12;
(d) The storage or processing go goods in any warehouse established by he authority under clause (g) of sub-section (3) of section 12 and the charging of fees for such storage or processing;
(e) The contracts or class of contracts which are to be sealed with the common seal of the Authority and the form and manner in which a contract may be made by the authority under sub-section (1) of section 21;
(f) The custody and retroaction of lost property and the terms and conditions under which lost property may be restored to the persons entitled thereto under section 345;
(g) The disposal of any lost property in cases where such property is not restored.
(h) Securing the safety of aircraft vehicles and persons using the airport or civil enclave and preventing danger to the public arising from the use and operation of aircraft in the airport or civil enclave;
(i) Preventing obstruction within the airport or civil enclave for its normal functioning;
(j) Prohibiting the parking or waiting of any vehicle of carriage within the airport of civil enclave except at places specified by the Authority;
(k) Prohibiting or restricting access to any part of the airport or civil enclave;
(l) Preserving order within the airport or civil enclave and preventing damage to property therein;
(m) Regulating or restricting advertising within the airport or civil enclave;
(n) Requiring any person if so directed by an officer appointed by the Authority in this behalf to leave the airport or civil enclave or any particular part of the airport or civil enclave and
(o) Generally for the efficient and property management of the airport or civil enclave.
(3) Any regulation made under any of the clause (h) to (o) (both inclusive) of sub-section 92) may provide that a contravention thereof shall be punishable within which may extend to five hundred rupees and in the case of a continuing contravention with an additional fine which may extend to twenty rupees for every day during which such contravention continues after conviction for the first such contravention.
(4) No regulation made by the authority under this section shall have effect until it has been approved by the Ventral government and published in the Official Gazette.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section the first regulations under this Act shall be made by the Central Government and shall have effect on being published in the Official Gazette.
(6) The first regulations framed under sub-section (5) shall remain in force until such time the Authority has made regulations and they are published in the Official Gazette.