The Companies Act, 1956
270. Time within which share qualification is to be obtained and maximum amount thereto
(1) Without prejudice to the restrictions imposed by section 266, it shall be the duty of every director who is required by the articles of the company to hold a specified share qualification and who is not already qualified iii that respect, to obtain his qualification within two months after his appointment as director.
(2) Any provision in the articles of the company (whether made before or after the commencement of this Act) shall be void in so far as it requires a person to hold the qualification shares before his appointment. as a director or to obtain them within a shorter time than two months after his appointment as such.
(3) The nominal value of the qualification shares shall not exceed five thousand rupees, or the nominal value of one share where it exceeds five thousand rupees.
(4) For the purpose of any provision in the articles requiring a director to hold a specified shall qualification, the bearer of a share warrant shall not be deemed to be the holder of the shares specified in the warrant.