The Companies Act, 1956
445. Copy of winding up order to be filed with Registrar.
(1) On the making of a winding up order, it shall be the duty of the petitioner in the winding up proceedings and of the company to file with the Registrar a certified copy of the order, within 1[thirty days] from the date of the making of the order.
If default is made in complying with the foregoing provision, the petitioner, or as the case may require, the company, and every officer of the company who is in default, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to 2[one thousand rupees] for each day during which the default continues.
3[(1A) In computing the period of 4[thirty days] from the date of the making of a winding up order under sub-section (1) the time requisite for obtaining a certified copy of the order shall be excluded.]
(2) On the filing of a certified copy of the winding up order, the Registrar shall make a minute thereof in his books relating to the company, and shall notify in the Official Gazette that such an order has been made.
(3) Such order shall be deemed to be notice of discharge to the officers and employees of the company, except when the business of the company is continued.
1. Subs. by Act 31 of 1965 sec. 62 and Sch., for “one month” (w.e.f. 15-10-1965).
2. Subs. by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 188, for “one hundred rupees” (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).
3. Ins. by Act 65 of 1960, sec. 164 (w.e.f. 28-12-1960).
4. Subs. by Act 31 of 1965 sec. 62 and Sch., for “one month” (w.e.f. 15-10-1965).