The Companies Act, 1956
558. Court or person before whom affidavit may be sworn.
(1) Any affidavit, required to be sworn under the provisions, or for the purposes of this Part may be sworn
(a)in India, before any 1[Court or the Tribunal], Judge or person lawfully authorised to take and receive affidavits; and
(b)in any other country, either before any Court, Judge or person lawfully authorised to take and receive affidavits in that country or before an Indian Consul or Vice-Consul.
(2) 3[All Courts, Tribunal], Judges, Justices, Commissioners and persons acting judicially in India shall take judicial notice of the seal, stamp or signature, as the case may be, of any 4[such Court, Tribunal] Judge, person, Consul or Vice-Consul, attached appended or subscribed to any such affidavit or to any other document to be used for the purposes of this Part.
1. Subs. by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 113, for “Court”.
2. Explanation omitted by Act 62 of 1956, sec. 2 and Sch. (w.e.f. 1-11-1956).
3. Subs. by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 113, for “All Courts”.
4. Subs. by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 113, for “such Court”