The West Godavari District (Assimilation Of Laws On Federal Subjects) Act, 1949
[ACT NO. 20 OF 1949]
[14th April, 1949]
An Act to assimilate certain laws in force in different the West Godavari District of the Province of Madras.
WHEREAS by virtue of the Madras Partially Excluded Area (Cesser) order 1948, made under section 91 of the Government of India Act,1935, the area comprised in the villages specified in Article 2 of the said order ceased, as from the Ist day of July, 1948, to be part of a partially excluded area in the West Godavari district of the Province of Madras;
AND WHEREAS it is expedient that the laws in force in the said area with respect to the matters enumerated in List I in the Seventh Schedule to the Government of India Act, 1935, (25 and 26 Geo., 5, e.2.) should be assimilated to the laws in force with respect to the said matters in the rest of the said district;
It is hereby enacted as follows:—
In this Act-
(a) Appointed day means the date appointed under subsection (2) of section 1 for the coming into force of this Act;
(b) Eluru Taluk means the taluk of that name in the West Godavari district of the State of Madras;
(c) Law means any Act, Ordinance, Regulation, rule, order or bye-law, relating to any of the matters enumerated in List I in the Seventh Schedule to the Government of India Act, 1935 (25 and 26 Geo.5, e.2.); and
(d) Scheduled area means the area comprised in the villages which are specified in the Schedule to this Act.
3. Assimilation of laws.
(1) All laws which immediately before the appointed day extended to, or are in force in, the Eluru Taluk, but not in the Scheduled area, shall, as from that day, extend to, or as the case may be, come into force in, the scheduled area.
(2) All laws which immediately before the appointed day are in force in the scheduled area, but not in the Eluru Taluk, shall on that day cease to be in force in the scheduled area, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before that day.
4. Provision for removal of difficulties.
If any difficulty arises in relation to the transition from the laws mentioned in sub-section (2) of section 3 to the laws mentioned in sub-section (1) thereof, the Central Government may, by order notified in the Official Gazette, make such provision as it considers necessary for the removal of such difficulty.
5. THE SCHEDULE
[See section 2(d)]
A.Villages in Polavaram Firka-
5. Mangiparthi Devipeta.
14. Tadipudi (Gutala part).
15. Tadipudi (Pattisam part)
16. Ragolapalli (Gutala part)
17. Ragolapalli (Pattisam parl)
B.Villages in Zangareddigudem Firka-
1. Saripalli ( Zamindari )
2. Zangareddigudem ( Zamindari )
3. Vedantapuram ( Inam )
4. Ramanujapuram ( Inam )
6. Bayyangudem ( Zamindari )
8. Sreenivasapuram ( Inam )
9. Pullepudi ( Inam )
C.Villages in Jeelugumilli Firka -
5. yyavari ( Polavaram ) ( Inam )