27. Investment, transfer or realization of the fund
(1) All moneys belonging to the Fund which are not immediately required for expenses properly defrayable under the Act may, subject to the approval of the Standing Committee, be invested by the Director-General-
(i) in government securities including Treasury Deposit Receipts; or
(ii) in securities mentioned or referred to in clauses (a) to (d) section 20 of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (2 of 1882); or
16[(iii) as fixed deposit in the Reserve or the State Bank of India or any of its subsidiaries or a corresponding new bank constituted under section 3 of the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970 (5 of 1970).]
(2) Moneys belonging to the Fund shall not be invested in any other manner except with the prior approval of the Central Government.
(3) Any investment made under this rule may, subject to the provisions of sub-rules (1) and (2), be varied, transposed, or realized from time to time:
PROVIDED, however, that if such variation, transposition or realization is likely to result in a loss, the prior approval of the Central Government shall be obtained.
17[Explanation : The approval of the Central Government shall not be required merely on the ground that the value of the security on its maturity is less than the price at which it was purchased.]
(4) The Central Government may, at any time, direct the vacation in part or in whole, or prohibit investment, in any security or class of securities or any land or building.
(5) All dividends, interest or other sums received in respect of any investment shall, as soon as possible after receipt, be paid into or credited to the account of the Fund.
(6) The expenses of, or the loss, if any, arising from any investment shall be charged to the Fund and the profit, if any, from the sale of any investment shall also accrue to the Fund.
(7) The approval under sub-rules (1) and (2) of the Standing Committee or the Central Government, as the case may be, may be given with or without any conditions either generally or in any particular case.