1. Kneel on the floor with the calves and tops of the feet flat on the floor and the thighs touching.
2. Slowly spread the feet, about shoulder distance apart, while keeping the knees together. Place the buttocks flat on the floor. The outer sides of the thighs are touching the inner sides of the calves and the soles of the feet are exposed facing up. Place the hands palms downs, on the knees and form a circle with the thumb and forefinger (in the chin-mudra) while pointing the other fingers straight ahead.
3. Breath slowly and deeply through the nostrils and remain motionless for six complete breaths (an inhale and exhale is one complete breath).
4. Inhale slowly and stretch the arms straight up over the head and interlock the fingers with the palms pushed upward. Remain in this position for six complete breaths.
5. Exhale slowly, release the fingers and slowly bend forward at the waist while placing the palms of the hands flat on the soles of the feet. Place the chin between the knees.
6. Hold this position for the duration of six complete breaths.Inhale, raise the chest up, stretch the legs straight ahead and place the hands, palms down, on top of the thighs.