1. Lie flat on the back in the shava-asana.
2. Inhale through the nostrils. Place the palms face-down on the floor. Keeping the hips on the floor,bend the knees and bring them up toward the stomach while exhaling.
3. Inhale slowly through the nostrils, press down on the hands and lift the torso from the waist up off the floor, arching the spine backwards and straightening the arms. Keep the hips on the floor.
4. Inhale, then while exhaling, raise the legs straight up perpendicular to the floor. You may support your hips with your hands or leave the arms flat on the floor, whichever is most comfortable.
5. The legs should be together with the knees straight and toes pointed straight up. Keep the head straight without turning it to either side. The chin should be pressed against the chest.
6. Breath gently through the nostrils while the posture is held.
7. Reverse the steps to return to the shava-asana.