1. Lie on the stomach with the head turned to one side and the arms alongside the body with palms facing upward.
2. Turn the head and place your chin on the floor. Slide your hands under your thighs, with the palms pressed gently against the top of your thighs.
3. Inhale slowly and then raise the head, chest, and legs off the floor as high as possible. Tilt your head as far back as possible. Keep your feet, knees, and thighs pressed together.
4. Starting at the top of the head and working your way down to the feet, bring your attention to each part of your body, consciously relaxing it before proceeding on to the next.
5. Remain in the posture while holding the breath. You can support your legs by pressing the hands upward against your thighs.
6. Hold the posture for as long as you can hold the inhaled breath then slowly return the legs,chest, and head to the floor while exhaling.
7. Remove your hands from under your thighs and place the arms alongside your body. Turn your head to the side and rest.
Originally posted 2009-03-24 14:27:17.