1. Sit on your knees with your feet together and buttocks resting on your heels. Separate your knees about the width of your hips. Place your hands on your thighs, palms down. (This is the vajra-asana or Thunderbolt Pose).
2. Inhale deeply, then exhale as you bring your chest between your knees while swinging your arms forward.
3. Rest your forehead on the floor, if possible, and then bring your arms around to your sides until the hands on resting on either side of your feet, palms up.
4. Breath gently through your nostrils as you hold the posture. Hold for about one to two minutes. Then return to asn upright kneeling position with your back straight and your hands on your thighs.
5. Repeat the posture at least one more time.
Originally posted 2009-03-24 14:52:18.