Just as there is Prevention of Domestic violence Act (for women)
one should be made for MEN as follows : Prevention of Domestic Violence (For MEN)
All wifes that satisfy the following criteria should be booked under the Prevention of Domestic Violence Act (For Men) and must be jailed for upto 2 year but not less than 6 months and fined.
1. If a man comes home fatigued from the dayÃ¢`s work and wife does not offer a cup of tea (or what ever he wants) and mental support, it is cruelty (towards him)
2. If a man wants to retire from work and settle down peacefully , but is unable to do so, due to financial pressure of supporting wife and kids, it is cruelty towards the man.
3. If man wants sexual satisfaction and the wife does not offer for no legitimate reason, it is physical and mental cruelty.
4. If the wife has not revealed any hidden deceases she has before marriage,it is cruelty and breach of trust towards the husband
5. If after marriage wife claims to have married for the sake of her parents,it is mental abuse.
6. IF the husband want to rest after a long days work and wife forces him to go to some function/outing, it is physical and mental cruelty towards husband.
7. If wife does not provide husband with food he likes, it is mental and physical abuse.
8. If wife is given to pinching, piercing the husband over petty reasons, it is physical cruelty.
9. If wife flies into anger and threatens to do a 498A case on the husband : it is intimidation, and mental cruelty.
10. If wife calls her relatives frequently thereby not allowing the husband to rest in his own home it is mental torture and abuse.
11. If wife demands more than necessary (to run the house) money from husband, it is economic abuse of the husband
12. If wife nags him, or insults him or his parents, it is emotional abuse
13. If wife wants his parents to stay away and cannot serve them sincerely, it is emotional and mental abuse.
14. If wife does not satisfy his wishes meant for the welfare of the whole family, it is mental abuse
15. If wife aborts kids when husband wants them, it is emotional abuse
16. If husband does not want to buy articles of luxury and wife forces him to buy these (for status or whatever reasons) it is economic abuse
17. IF wife forces husband to pay for any medical or other expenses of her natal family member it is economic abuse.
18. If wife taunts him or discourages him or humiliates in private or public,it is verbal and emotional abuse
19. If wife uses bad words against him or his relatives it is verbal abuse
20. If wife suddenly departs to visit any function or goes to her natal home against husband`s wishes, it is emotional abuse.
21. If wife does not entertain his friends who come to meet them in good faith, it is cruelty towards husband
22. If husband loses his job or a very good opportunity due to constant nagging from wife, she is said to have done emotional , and verbal abuse to him
23. If wife hurts kids to satisfy her anger towards husband, it is emotional and mental cruelty to the husband.
24. If wife does not allow husband to meet kids, it is emotional abuse
25. If wife forces husband to pay for her personal expenses and does not account for them or prove that they are sensible and required for her well being, it is economic abuse.
26. If wife cannot provide comfort and relief to husband, it is emotional abuse of the husband
27. If wife forces her life style on the husband, against his wishes, it is emotional and mental torture to the husband.
28. Any wife who verbally, emotionally or otherwise abuses elder parents and all dependants of husband is said to have done emotional torture to the husband
29. Any wife who forces decisions on the husband which will cause him to stop supporting his elderly parents should be treated as abuse by the wife
30. If the wife refuses to cook food and feed husband and his family, it is mental and physical abuse to the husband and his family.
31. If wife is found to have any relations with other men, it is emotional abuse of the husband.
32. If parents of husband are suffering from some illness and wife does not serve and protect them, it is emotional torture of the husband and his parents.
33. If anyone o the family suffers any type of abuse due to wife, it is abuse towards husband.
34. IF the wife spends too much on entertainment, and luxury, it is economic abuse of the husband
35. If wife calls husbandÃ¢`s loved ones or husband names and taunts him, it is mental cruelty. In all above cases, the husband must be granted immediate relief from the marriage and wife should be jailed and made to pay damages. Wife should be assumed to be guilty till proven innocent. This crime should be considered non-billable, cognizable and non-compoundable.
Originally posted 2007-11-14 18:47:52.