498a if arrested

        Once you are Arrested and charge sheeted, you need to be present in the court on all adjournment dates.

        If you are not attending, then your advocate will file a petition under Sec. 317 CRPC. So unless you attend or file a petition under Sec.317 crpc, the court takes it as you are absconding, and issues a NBW ( non bailable warrant) to arrest you and produce in the court. Even if this warrant is issued, you can apply for recall of the same under Sec.70(2) CrPC.

       If you cannot attend on all occasions, you can seek by filing a petition, permission from the court to permit you be represented by any advocate. This petition is to be filed under Sec.205 CrPC. REMEMBER if this advocate fails to attend, the court treats it as your absence.

Published by MyNation Foundation
Back to Home Page
Design Copyright © 2011. Mynation.net,India