Reply To: Query Regarding Domestic Violence

Welcome Forums Advice 498A Query Regarding Domestic Violence Reply To: Query Regarding Domestic Violence


If you have been foolish enough to give her your own house while you and your parents stay at a relative’s house then why the haste to find a way out of this mess now. If the house is in your parent’s name, then have them to sue her for making them homeless. If it is in your name, get your mother to sue you in Domestic Violence for residence and maintenance. That way at least they will get a residence which you have lost. Then you can see how to proceed further.

As far as your wife’s legal position is concerned, her residential needs are your responsibility. If she did not have possession of your house, then you could have argued the point of her parents having 4 properties from a position of strength. Now this argument will fall on deaf ears. But nothing tried, nothing won. So try and see how it goes.

warm regards

sanjay mehra