Reply To: can court cancel divorce petition

Welcome Forums Advice 498A can court cancel divorce petition Reply To: can court cancel divorce petition



No court can order a boy or girl to live together. In a contested divorce, a court can delay a divorce or not grant it, but cannot force anyone to live together against their wishes. If there are no kids, sooner rather than later, the contesting party feels that it is not worth fighting and it is better to move on. A settlement can take place at such time. But till tempers run high and both or one wants to teach the other a lesson, no settlement can take place. In a contested situation, a woman’s long term interest is in settling the case so she can move on. A man has less incentive because age does not treat men the same way as it treats a woman.

So wait it out and sooner rather than later, this marriage will come to a solution. But till then patience and a firmness of resolve is advised.

warm regards

sanjay mehra