MyNation KnowledgeBase

Landmark Judgments and Articles on Law

Register to Download

No Maintenance, refused to sex




Jabalpur, Dated : 16-11-2017
Shri Priyank Choubey, learned counsel for the applicant.
Shri Amit Dubey, learned counsel for the respondent.


This petition has been preferred under section 482 of the Cr.P.C for quashment of the order dated 07/05/2010 passed by the Judicial Magistrate First Class, Narsinghpur in Mis.Criminal Case No. 08/2009 under section 125 of the Cr.P.C directing the applicant to pay Rs.1500/- per month as a maintenance to his wife/respondent.

Having considered the contentions of learned counsel for the parties and on perusal of record, it emerges that against the respondent decree for divorce has been passed and also confirmed by the High Court on the ground of cruelty committed by the respondent with the applicant leaving him with a view of non-allowing the applicant to perform sexual intercourse and deserting him. In the aforesaid circumstance, under section 125 of the Cr.P.C, respondent being wife of the applicant is not entitled to get maintenance as provided in section 125 sub-clause (4) that wife will not be entitled to receive any amount of maintenance in case she is living in adultery, or if, without any sufficient reason, she refuses to live with her husband, or if they are living separately by mutual consent.

In the present case, it is also found that respondent was living separately by mutual consent or with a view to disallow applicant to make sexual relationship with her, which cannot be said to be a sufficient reason for living separately with the husband. Hence in view of this Court the impugned order is not sustainable. It amount to be misuse of the process of the court and cause injustice with the applicant. Hence the petition is allowed and the impugned order dated 07/05/2010 is quashed.

See also  Application to set aside ex-parte divorce decree by a spouse is not rendered infructuous by remarriage of opposite spouse

A copy of this order be sent to the concerned trial court for information.

Certified copy as per rule.

High Court of Madhya Pradesh

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link
MyNation Times Magzine

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Laws and Bare Acts of India
Important SC/HC Judgements on 498A IPC
Rules and Regulations of India.


CopyRight @ MyNation

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

See also  SC to Frame Guidelines on Payment of Maintenance in Matrimonial Matters
MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation