Second Schedule of the RTI Act 2005
The Second Schedule of the RTI Act exempts certain Public Authorities under the Central Government from disclosure of information under the RTI Act 2005.
However, these Public Authorities have to respond to RTI Applications which pertain to subjects of Human Rights and Corruption. As per Section 5(1) of the RTI Act and the instructions of DoPT, they are also supposed to have a PIO and a AA.
As on 28th March 2008, the following is the list in the Second Schedule:
- Intelligence Bureau.
- Research and Analysis Wing of the Cabinet Secretariat.
- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence.
- Central Economic Intelligence Bureau.
- Directorate of Enforcement.
- Narcotics Control Bureau.
- Aviation Research Centre.
- Special Frontier Force, Border Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force.
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police, Central Industrial Security Force.
- National Security Guards.
- Assam Rifles.
- Sashastra Seema Bal.
- Directorate General of Income-tax (Investigation) .
- National Technical Research Organisation.
- Financial Intelligence Unit, India.
- Special Protection Group.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- Border Road Development Board.
- National Security Council Secretariat
- Similarly, some States within the union has also exempted certain Public Authorities in the respective states, from the purview of the Act. Please check separately for each State.