. gov.in select Government of your respective state.
After raising note the complaint no. Incase you don’t hear from them. Use RTI to CPIO Ministry of Grievance
I xyz s/o Shri ABC r/o __________have been falsely implicated by my wife Ms. XXX in coalition with S.H.O of P.S. XXXX.
SHO on false complaint of my have has registered the FIR No.____ dated ______ at P.S.________ _ and booked me and my family members u/s 498A and 3/4 of DP Act.
In FIR No. ______ dated _____ at P.S my wife Ms._______, my Father in Law Shri._______ ___, my mother in law Smt. ________, Brother in Law Shri ________, Sister in Law Ms.________ claims to have given huge dowry in the marriage worth Rs. _______ which is prohibited under Section 3 of Dowry Prohibition Act.
My wife Ms._______, my Father in Law Shri._______ ___, my mother in law Smt. ________, Brother in Law Shri ________, Sister in Law Ms.________ belongs to respectable family and are highly educated people.
And they are very much aware of the fact that if taking dowry is crime and giving dowry is too. By giving huge sum of alleged dowry of Rs._______ they have knowingly committed the crime.
Giving or taking dowry is an cognizable offence and punishable up to 5 Year.
I have lodge the complaint against My wife Ms._______, my Father in Law Shri._______ ___, my mother in law Smt. ________, Brother in Law Shri ________, Sister in Law Ms.________
with P.S. ___________ which is diarized vide complaint no. ____________ _ dated ____________ ___ for giving huge dowry beyond their capacity as alleged in FIR No.____ dated ______ at P.S.________ _.
Giving dowry under Sec 3 of DP Act is cognizable offence and it is mandatory for SHO P.S.________ _ to take cognizance of such crime which happened in his juridiction.
Along with the complaint I have submitted him the rulings from Hon’ble Supreme Court and High Court of India which make him mandatory to book My wife Ms._______, my Father in Law Shri._______ ___, my mother in law Smt. ________, Brother in Law Shri ________, Sister in Law Ms.________ under section 3 of DP Act, it being cognizable offence.
Further Learned SHO of PS ______ have gone through these rulings and understand them very well, in spite this he is reluctant to take any action against my wife and in-laws due to the reason best know to him.
The judgments and rulings provided to SHO of P.S.________ __ are as under, which make him mandatory to register FIR for cognizable offence like “Giving Dowry” under Section 3 of DP Act.
1. Circular No 35 of 2007 From Commissioner of Police Delhi which instructs police to immediately register FIR for cognizable offence.
2. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in W.P.Crl.No. 1266 of 2007 dated 10Oct2007- stating disipilinary action against Police officials for refusal of FIR where cognizable offence is reported.
3.. Hob’ble Supreme Court of India in Criminal Appeal No. 1229 of 2002 states that First Information Report – Registration of complaint disclosing cognizable offence – Mandatory
4. Hob’ble Supreme Court of India in Writ Petitioner (CRL.) No. 68 of 2008 states that First Information Report – Registration of complaint disclosing cognizable offence – Mandatory
5. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi via CRL.M.C 7262-2006 23.02.2007 which talks about registering the FIR against educated people who gave the dowry, in spite knowing the fact that giving dowry is crime and Learned SHO of PS ______ should not entertain any complaint, if the Rule 2 of the Dowry Prohibition( Maintenance of List of Presents to the Bride and Bridegroom) Rules, 1985 is not complied with.
6. Hon’ble Supreme Court for Enforcement and Implementation of Dowry Prohibition Act vide Writ Petitioner (Civil) 499 of 2007 which mandates the bridge to maintain list of article presented at the time of marriage.
Despite providing all the ruling and judgments Learned SHO of PS______ in coalition with my Wife and in-laws registered false FIR against me and my parents without investigating and demanding the required prove of source of income and mandatory Maintenance List (stridhan List).
I would request you to kindly look into my grievance and direct SHO of PS_____ to register the FIR against __________ for giving the dowry u/s 3 of DP Act and no abiding to Rule 2 of DP Rule, 1985.