* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 05.09.2018
+ W.P.(CRL) 2638/2018
ABHINEET JAIN ORS. ….. Petitioners
STATE (NCT OF DELHI) ANR. ….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr. K.V.S. Gupta Mr. N.K. Bhambri, Advs.
For the Respondent : Mr. Rajesh Mahajan, ASC with Ms. Jyoti Babbar
with SI Jasmer Singh
Mr. Kapil Kumar, Adv for R-2
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. The petitioners seek quashing of FIR No. 442 of 2017 under
Sections 498A/406/34 IPC registered at Police Station Jahangir Puri,
Delhi, based on a settlement.
2. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
Petitioner No.1 is the husband of respondent No.2. Petitioner No.2 and
4 are the other family members of petitioner no. 1.
W.P.(CRL) 2638/2018 Page 1 of 3
3. Learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the parties have
settled their disputes before the Counselling Cell, Family Court,
Rohini on 21.07.2018.
4. As per the settlement, parties have reconciled the disputes and
Petitioner No.1 and respondent No.2 have started living together
amicably as husband and wife.
5. The respondent No.2 is present in person, represented by
counsel and is identified by the Investigating Officer. She submits that
she has amicably resolved the disputes with her husband and they are
now cohabiting together. She submits that she does not wish to press
charges against the petitioners and has no objection to the quashing of
the subject FIR.
6. In view of the fact that the disputes between the parties have
been settled and Petitioner No.1 and respondent No.2 have started
living together, continuation of criminal proceedings will be an
exercise in futility and justice in the case demands that the dispute
between the parties is put to an end and peace is restored; securing the
ends of justice being the ultimate guiding factor. It would be expedient
to quash the subject FIR and the consequent proceedings emanating
7. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No. 442 of
2017 under Sections 498A/406/34 IPC registered at Police Station
W.P.(CRL) 2638/2018 Page 2 of 3
Jahangir Puri, Delhi and the consequent proceedings emanating there
from are quashed.
8. The writ petition is disposed of in the above terms.
9. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
SEPTEMBER 05, 2018
W.P.(CRL) 2638/2018 Page 3 of 3