* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 13.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4591/2019
AJAY SEHGAL ORS ….. Petitioners
Through: Mr. Nishant Sharma, Adv.
STATE ANR ….. Respondents
Through: Mr. Hirein Sharma, APP for State
with ASI Chandar Pal Singh, PS –
Farsh Bazar, New Delhi
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
CRL. M.A. 35696/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
Application is disposed of.
2. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
49/2018 dated 16.02.2018, registered at Police Station – Farsh Bazar, New
Delhi instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of
the IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 4591/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
5. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 09.11.2013 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. One girl child was born out of the wedlock,
namely, Pehal Sehgal. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately from
6. Divorce has taken place between the petitioner No. 1 and respondent
no.2 on 11.02.2019. Matter was referred to mediation centre where a
settlement deed dated 08.06.2018 was executed. Total settlement amount
came to ₹4,50,000/-. It is submitted that part payment of the settlement
amount is already received by the respondent No. 2. The balance amount of
₹50,000/- in cash is handed over to the respondent No. 2 today in Court.
7. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI ASI Chandar Pal Singh, Police Station – Farsh Bazar and
submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the
matter any further.
CRL.M.C. 4591/2019 Page 2 of 3
8. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
9. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 49/2018 dated 16.02.2018
registered at Police Station – Farsh Bazar, New Delhi instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
10. The petition is allowed accordingly.
11. Order dasti, under the signatures of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4591/2019 Page 3 of 3