* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 20.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 2121/2019
AMRIT LAL ANR ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. R. P. Tomar, Adv.
THE STATE ANR ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State
Ms. Rekha, respondent no.2 in person
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
658/2015 dated 27.03.2015 registered at Police Station Shakarpur, Delhi
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and respondent no.2
who is present in person and with the consent of the counsel for the parties,
the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
CRL.M.C. 2121/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. The marriage of the son (now deceased) of the petitioners and
respondent no.2 was got solemnized on 22.01.2016 as per Hindu rites and
rituals. One child was born out of the wedlock on 23.03.2007. Due to
extreme incompatibilities between the petitioners and respondent no.2, they
started living separately from 30.03.2014
5. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement vide
settlement deed dated 26.10.2015 and settled all their disputes amicably.
6. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Rahul of Police Station Shakarpur, Delhi and submits that
matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 658/2015 dated
27.03.2015 registered at Police Station Shakarpur, Delhi instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
CRL.M.C. 2121/2019 Page 2 of 3
9. The petition is allowed accordingly.
10. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
CRL.M.C. 2121/2019 Page 3 of 3