* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 18.03.2019
+ BAIL APPLN. 131/2019
ANIL GULATI ….. Petitioner
STATE ….. Respondent
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr.Sumit Chaudhary, Advocate.
For the Respondent: Ms.Kusum Dhalla, APP for the State
with SI Bhupender, P.S.Rohini South.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. Petitioner seeks anticipatory bail in FIR No.227/2018 under Sections
498A/406/509/354/323/34 IPC, Police Station South Rohini. After
investigation, Section 377 has been added.
2. The petitioner is the Nandoi i.e. the husband of the sister of the
husband of the complainant. The allegations against the petitioner are that
the petitioner used to eye the complainant and also used to misbehave with
her. It is alleged that he had touched her inappropriately few times.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner has
BAIL APPLN.131/2019 Page 1 of 2
been falsely implicated. He submits that the subject FIR is an offshoot of a
matrimonial dispute and all the family members have been implicated. He
submits that the petitioner is a respectable person having family and his
children are also married. Learned counsel further submits that the
petitioner was not residing in the matrimonial house of the prosecutrix.
4. On 18.01.2019 petitioner was granted interim protection subject to
joining investigation. Learned APP under instructions submits that
petitioner has joined investigation and investigation qua the role of the
petitioner is complete, however, further investigation is still on.
5. Without commenting on the merits of the case and keeping in view
the totality of facts and circumstances, I am satisfied that petitioner has
made out a case for grant of anticipatory bail. Accordingly, it is directed
that in the event of arrest, the arresting officer/IO/SHO shall release the
petitioner on bail on his furnishing a bail bond in the sum of Rs. 15,000/-
with one surety of the like amount to the satisfaction of the arresting
officer/Investigating Officer/SHO concerned. Petitioner shall not do
anything which may prejudice either the investigation, trial or the
6. Petition is allowed in the above terms.
7. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
MARCH 18, 2019/rk
BAIL APPLN.131/2019 Page 2 of 2