* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 14.10.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 5212/2019
ASHOK SOLANKI ….. Petitioner
Through Mr.Pradeep Kumar, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr.Panna Lal Sharma, APP for State.
Mr.Rakesh Sharma, Adv. for R-2
with R-2 in person.
ASI Devender Singh PS Aman Vihar.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 38049/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioner seeks quashing of FIR
No.333/2019 dated 17.07.2019 registered at Police Station Aman Vihar
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C.5212/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 10.10.2003 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. Two children were born out of the wedlock
namely Parsant and Ayush. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately since
7. The petitioner and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement vide settlement
deed dated 07.08.2019 and settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by ASI Devender Singh of Police Station Aman Vihar and
submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the
matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioner any further.
CRL.M.C.5212/2019 Page 2 of 3
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.333/2019 dated
17.07.2019 registered at Police Station Aman Vihar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
OCTOBER 14, 2019
CRL.M.C.5212/2019 Page 3 of 3