* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 23rd September, 2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4779/2019
ASHUTOSH MITTAL ORS …..Petitioners
Through: Mr. V.K. Upadhyay, Advocate
THE STATE (GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI)
Through: Mr. Panna Lal Sharma, APP with ASI
Mr. Aman Bhardwaj, Advocate for
respondent No. 2
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
CRL. M.A. 36486/2019 (Exemption)
Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
Application is disposed of.
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek direction thereby
quashing FIR No. 14 dated 18th January, 2019, registered at PS –
Mansarovar Park, for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34
IPC and all other proceedings emanating therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C.3972/2019 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The present petition is filed on the ground that the parties have settled
their disputes amicably and the respondent No. 2 have no objection if the
present petition is allowed.
5. Respondent No. 2 is personally present in the Court with learned
counsel – Mr. Aman Bhardwaj and has been identified by ASI Usha and
submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the
matter any further.
6. The petitioners and respondent no.2 have entered into an amicable
settlement vide settlement deed dated 19th February, 2019.
7. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner has
received the total settlement amount of ₹3,00,000/- and prays that the
present petition may be quashed.
8. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
9. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 14 dated 18th January,
2019, registered at PS – Mansarovar Park instituted for the offences
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
10. Accordingly, the petition is allowed and disposed of.
CRL.M.C.3972/2019 Page 2 of 3
11. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMEBR 23, 2019
CRL.M.C.3972/2019 Page 3 of 3