* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 15.02.2019
+ BAIL APPLN. 2450/2018
BHUPENDER NARANG ….. Petitioner
STATE ….. Respondent
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr. Rajesh Sherawat, Advocate.
For the Respondent: Ms. Meenakshi Dahiya, APP for the State.
SI Shashi Kumar, PS Shalimar Bagh.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
2. On 16.10.2018, learned counsel appearing for the complainant
submits that despite the petitioner having admitted before the Trial Court
that he was in possession of certain dowry articles, he has not returned any
of the dowry articles.
3. On 16.10.2018, statement of counsel for the petitioner was recorded
that he was willing to return all articles which was in his possession except
jewellery which was stated to have already been taken away by the
complainant, however, to show his bonafide, petitioner had agreed to
deposit a sum of Rs.2 lakhs with the Trial Court in the form of a fixed
BAIL APPLN. 2450/2018 Page 1 of 2
deposit. The petitioner was further directed to join investigation.
4. Learned APP for the State, under instructions, submits that the
petitioner has deposited the said sum of Rs.2 lakhs with the Trial Court and
also returned all the articles except for some which the complainant did not
5. Learned APP for the State, under instructions, further submits that,
as of now, there is no cause to arrest the petitioner.
6. Without commenting on the merits of the case and on perusal of the
record, I am satisfied that the petitioner has made out a case for grant of
anticipatory bail. Accordingly, it is directed that in the event of arrest, the
arresting officer/IO/SHO shall release the petitioner on bail on his
furnishing a bail bond in the sum of Rs. 10,000/- with one surety of the like
amount to the satisfaction of the arresting officer/Investigating Officer/SHO
concerned. Petitioner shall not do anything which may prejudice either the
investigation, trial or the prosecution witnesses.
7. Petition is allowed in the above terms.
8. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
FEBRUARY 15, 2019/st
BAIL APPLN. 2450/2018 Page 2 of 2