Bhupender Singh Vs. Reema
[Civil Appeal No. 6219 of 2018 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No.33195/2015]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellant is before this Court aggrieved by the judgment of the High Court whereby the decree of divorce granted by the Trial Court was reversed. The Trial Court granted decree of divorce on the ground of cruelty.
3. When the matter came up before this Court, having regard to the background of the litigations between the parties, we directed the parties to be present before this Court. We also had the assistance of Ms. Reena Singh, learned counsel. The parties have finally settled their disputes amicably. It is agreed between the parties that the entire disputes can be given a quietus. As part of the settlement, the appellant/husband has handed over a Demand Draft for a sum of Rs.8,00,000/- (Rupees Eight Lacs only) to the respondent/wife, which has been duly acknowledged by the respondent/wife.
4. Since the parties are before us, we have interacted with them and we find that they have taken an independent and conscious decision to have a decree of divorce by mutual consent and part as friends.
5. The joint application for divorce by mutual consent signed by the respective counsel along with two separate affidavits signed by the parties are taken on Board.
6. Accordingly, this appeal is allowed and the marriage between Bhupender Singh/appellant and Mrs. Reema/respondent is dissolved by a decree of divorce on mutual consent. The parties shall abide by the terms and conditions mentioned in the joint application dated 10.07.2018, which shall form part of this order.
7. Since the parties have settled all their disputes, they shall not initiate any fresh civil or criminal proceedings against each other and their family members on account of the matrimonial disputes and the pending litigations shall be terminated appropriately.
8. Pending application(s), if any, shall stand disposed of.
9. There shall be no orders as to costs.
…………………..J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
…………………..J. [SANJAY KISHAN KAUL]
JULY 10, 2018.