HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
?Court No. – 71
Case :- CRIMINAL MISC. BAIL APPLICATION No. – 1073 of 2020
Applicant :- Chirag Ali
Opposite Party :- State of U.P.
Counsel for Applicant :- Shivajee Singh Sisodiya
Counsel for Opposite Party :- G.A.
Hon’ble Saumitra Dayal Singh,J.
1. Heard Sri Shivajee Singh Sisodiya, learned counsel for the applicant as well as Sri Ankit Srivastava, learned AGA for the State and perused the material placed on record.
2. The instant bail application has been filed on behalf of the applicant – Chirag Ali with a prayer to release him on bail in Case Crime No. – 334 of 2019, under Section – 377 IPC and Section 4 POCSO Act, 2012, Police Station – Bithri Chainpur, District – Bareilly, during pendency of trial.
3. Having heard learned counsel for the parties, at present:
(i) the applicant is accused of offence of unnatural sex with minor child, punishable with imprisonment upto life;
(ii) against FIR lodged on 1.10.2019, the applicant is in confinement since 3.10.2019;
(iii) the applicant claims to have cooperated in the investigation. In any case he is not shown to have unduly evaded arrest;
(iv) the applicant has no criminal history;
(v) charge-sheet has already been submitted yet there is no hope of early conclusion of the trial;
(vi) on prima facie basis, only for purpose of grant of bail, it has been submitted by learned counsel for the applicant that the applicant is 70 years of age whereas the victim is about 17 years of age. In such circumstances, wholly false and frivolous allegations are alleged to have been made on account of pre-existing disputes between the parties;
(vii) in any case, no reasonable apprehension has been brought to the fore by the State that the applicant, if enlarged on bail, would either tamper with the evidence or delay the trial or intimidate the witness.
4. In view of the above, without expressing any opinion on the final merits of the case, let the applicant involved in the aforesaid crime be released on bail, on his furnishing a personal bond and twosureties each in the like amount, to the satisfaction of the court concerned, with the following conditions:-
(i) The applicant shall not tamper with the prosecution evidence by intimidating/pressuring the witness, during the investigation or trial.
(ii) The applicant shall cooperate in the trial sincerely without seeking any adjournment.
(iii) The applicant shall not indulge in any criminal activity or commission of any crime after being released on bail.
5. In case, of breach of any of the above conditions, the bail being granted shall be cancelled.
6. Identity, status and residence proof of the applicant and sureties be verified by the court concerned before the bonds are accepted.
Order Date :- 8.1.2020