* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on:13.09.2018
DEVENDER ….. Petitioner
STATE (NCT OF DELHI) ANR. ….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr.P.K. Kar, Adv.
For the Respondent : Mr. Raghuvinder Verma, APP for the State.
SI Dharmvir Singh PS CWC Nanak Pura.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
Exemption is allowed subject to all just exceptions.
1. Petitioner seeks quashing of FIR No.51/2012 under Sections
498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Crime Women Cell Nanak Pura.
2. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
Crl.M.C.4641/2018 Page 1 of 3
3. Learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the parties have
settled their disputes before the Counselling Cell, Saket and
settlement agreement dated 26.11.2016 has been executed between the
parties. The parties have already been divorced by way of a decree of
divorce passed on 20.01.2018.
4. The respondent No.2 was to be paid a total sum of
Rs.3,38,000/- in full and final settlement of all her claims. A sum of
Rs.2,20,000/- has already been paid. The balance sum of
Rs.1,18,000/- has been paid to the respondent No.2 by way of DD
No.218801 dated 24.08.2018 drawn on PNB Bank.
5. As per the settlement, two minor children shall remain in the
permanent custody of respondent No.2. The petitioner No.1 who is
present in Court undertakes that he shall not claim any rights contrary
to the settlement terms. The undertaking is accepted
6. The respondent No.2 is present in person, represented by
counsel and is identified by the Investigating Officer. She submits
that she has settled her disputes with the petitioners and does not wish
to press charges against the petitioners and prosecute the complaint
7. In view of the fact that the proceedings emanate out of a
matrimonial discord and the parties have fully and finally settled their
disputes and the respondent No.2 has stated that she does not wish to
Crl.M.C.4641/2018 Page 2 of 3
press the complaint any further and the fact that the parties have
already been divorced by way of a decree of divorce, passed on
20.01.2018, continuation of criminal proceedings will be an exercise
in futility and justice in the case demands that the dispute between the
parties is put to an end and peace is restored; securing the ends of
justice being the ultimate guiding factor. It would be expedient to
quash the subject FIR and the consequent proceedings emanating
8. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No.51/2012
under Sections 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Crime Women Cell
Nanak Pura and the consequent proceedings emanating there from are
9. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
Crl.M.C.4641/2018 Page 3 of 3