* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 24.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4827/2019
DHARMENDER KUMAR SAHU ….. Petitioner
Through Mr. Abhay Kumar with Mr. Surender
STATE OF NCT OF DELHI ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State
Mr. Ashok Kumar Verma, Adv. for
R-2 with respondent no.2 in person
SI Mukesh Kumar, PS Govind puri
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. This application is, accordingly, disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioner seeks quashing of FIR
No.1209/15 dated 15/09/2015 registered at Police Station – Govind Puri,
Distt. South East, New Delhi for the offences punishable under Sections
498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 4827/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. Petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married as per Hindu rites and
rituals. Two children were born out of the wedlock.
7. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the petitioners and
respondent no.2, they started living separately.
8. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before Mediation
Centre, Saket Court New Delhi vide settlement deed dated 09.07.2019 and
settled all their disputes amicably.
9. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Mukesh Kumar of Police Station Govind Puri. She submits
that the matter has been settled and she does not wish to pursue the matter
10. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioner any further.
CRL.M.C. 4827/2019 Page 2 of 3
11. For the reasons afore-mentioned, FIR No. 1209/15 dated 15/09/2015
registered at Police Station-Govind Puri, Distt. South East, New Delhi
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom are quashed.
12. The petition is allowed accordingly.
13. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4827/2019 Page 3 of 3