Doris John ANR. Vs. Jane Wesley
[Civil Appeal No(S). 2403/2008]
1. The dispute in this case originated in 1992, leading to a suit for eviction. The Trial Court dismissed the eviction petition and the same was reversed by the High Court. Thus, the appellants are before this Court.
2. On hearing the parties for some time, we sensed an element of settlement and accordingly, with the consent of the parties, the parties were referred to the Bangalore Mediation Centre, Bengalure, to explore the possibility of an amicable settlement.
3. We are happy to note that before the Bangalore Mediation Centre, Bengalure, the parties have arrived at an amicable settlement of all the disputes between them. They have also filed a Memorandum of Settlement dated 30.05.2018 duly signed by the parties, which shall form part of this judgment.
4. The appeal is disposed of in terms of the Memorandum of Settlement dated 30.05.2018. Let a decree be drawn in terms of the settlement, referred to above.
5. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
6. There shall be no orders as to costs.
…………………..J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
…………………..J. [SANJAY KISHAN KAUL]
SEPTEMBER 19, 2018.