* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 07.11.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 5694/2019
DR. SIDHARTH NAYAK ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Ms. Indu, Adv. with petitioners in
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. K K Ghai, APP for State
SI Leela Ram, PS Uttam Nagar
Mr. Mani Kaul, Adv. For R-2 with R-
2 in person
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 39866/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.1169/2018 dated 13.12.2018 registered at Police Station Uttam Nagar
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C.5694/2019 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice issued.
4. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
5. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 06.02.2013
as per Hindu rites and rituals and no child was born out of the wedlock. Due
to extreme incompatibilities between the petitioners and respondent no.2,
they started living separately since 27.05.2018.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives have settled all their disputes amicably.
7. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Leela Ram of Police Station Uttam Nagar and submits that
matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any
further. She admits having received the settled amount of ₹2 lacs by way of
a demand draft No.633279, dated 12.09.2019 drawn on Indian Bank,
towards full and final settlement of all her claims from the petitioners.
8. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
CRL.M.C.5694/2019 Page 2 of 3
9. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 1169/2018 dated
13.12.2018 registered at Police Station Uttam Nagar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 IPC and consequent
proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
10. The petition is allowed accordingly.
11. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
NOVEMBER 07, 2019
CRL.M.C.5694/2019 Page 3 of 3