* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 24.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4840/2019
GAURAV PANWAR ORS ….. Petitioners
Through: Mr. Manoj Kumar, Adv.
THE STATE ANR ….. Respondents
Through: Mr. Hirein Sharma, APP for State
with W/SI Sushma, PS – Uttam Nagar
Mr. Gaurav Arora, Adv. for
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
CRL. M.A. 36724/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
492/2013 dated 07.09.2013 registered at Police Station – Uttam Nagar
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 4840/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 09.11.2008 as
per Hindu rites and ceremonies. One female child was born out of the
wedlock, namely, Darshita on 23.06.2011. Due to extreme incompatibilities
between the petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately
from October, 2013.
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 entered into an amicable
settlement vide settlement deed dated 29.01.2018 and settled all their
disputes amicably. The total settlement amount is ₹3,50,000/-(Rupees
(Three Lakhs and Fifty Thousand only). It is submitted that the respondent
No. 2 has already received an amount of ₹2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs
and Fifty Thousand only). A demand draft bearing No.326733 dated
19.09.2019 for the balance amount of ₹1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only )
is handed over to the respondent No. 2 today in the Court.
8. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by W/SI Sushma of Police Station – Uttam Nagar and submits that
CRL.M.C. 4840/2019 Page 2 of 3
matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioner any further.
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 492/2013 dated
07.09.2013 registered at Police Station – Uttam Nagar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings arising therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4840/2019 Page 3 of 3