* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 26.11.2018
+ BAIL APPLN. 2359/2018
HIMALYA @ RAJA SINHA ….. Petitioner
STATE OF DELHI ….. Respondent
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr.Ishwar Singh, Adv.
For the Respondent: Mr. Hirein Sharma, APP for the State with ASI Paras
Ram, P.S.Vijay Vihar
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. Petitioner seeks anticipatory bail in FIR No. 545/2016 Police Station
Vijay Vihar, initially registered under Sections 323/341/506/34 of the IPG.
Subsequently, Section 354B and 325 of the IPC have been added.
2. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that petitioner has been
falsely implicated. He submits that the subject FIR emanates out of a
dispute between the two families. Further, it is contended that there is no
allegation in the FIR that any offence punishable under Section 354 IPC
was committed by the petitioner.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that Section 354 IPG
BAIL APPLN. 2359/2018 Page 1 of 2
has been added consequent to Statement under Section 164 Cr. P.C. of
the niece of the complainant which was recovered over a year after the
4. Petitioner was granted interim protection by order dated 08.10.2018,
subject to joining investigation.
5. Learned APP under instructions submits that petitioner joined
investigation and investigation is complete and charge sheet is in the
process of being finalised for being filed in the Court.
6. Without commenting on the merits of the case, and on perusal of the
records, I am satisfied that the petitioner has made out a case for grant of
7. Accordingly, it is directed that in the event of arrest, the arresting
officer/IO/SHO shall release the petitioner on bail on his furnishing a bail
bond in the sum of Rs. 15,000/- with one surety of the like amount to the
satisfaction of the arresting officer/Investigating Officer/SHO concerned.
Petitioner shall not do anything that may prejudice either the trial or the
8. The petition is disposed of in the above terms.
9. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
NOVEMBER 26, 2018 SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
BAIL APPLN. 2359/2018 Page 2 of 2