* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 17.04.2018
+ BAIL APPLN. 2478/2016
LALIT SINGH NEGI ….. Petitioner
STATE ….. Respondent
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr Gurmehar Singh Sistani and Mr Samit Khosla
with petitioner in person.
For the Respondent : Ms. Anita Abraham, APP for the State.
SI Satish Kumar, PS Ambedkar Nagar.
Mr Vinod Dubey, Advocate for complainant.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. Petitioner seeks anticipatory bail in FIR No.445/2016 under
Sections 498A/406/506/34 IPC, Police Station Ambedkar Nagar.
2. Parties were referred to Mediation; however, no settlement
could be arrived at. Petitioner was granted interim protection on
02.12.2016 subject to joining investigation.
3. As per the learned Additional Public Prosecutor, the petitioner
did join investigation, as and when he was called upon to do so.
BAIL APPLN. 2478/2016 Page 1 of 2
4. On 06.09.2017, this Court had recorded the contention of the
complainant that she has received part of jewellery from the petitioner
in the Police Station on 15.07.2017 and also a demand draft of
Rs.70,000/-, however, a plea was raised that the entire jewellery has
not been received, to which the petitioner contends that entire
jewellery has been returned to the respondent.
5. Perusal of the record shows that petitioner has made out a case
for anticipatory bail. No case is made out for the custodial
interrogation of the petitioner. In the event of arrest, the petitioner
shall be released on bail by the Arresting Officer/Investigating
Officer/SHO, on his furnishing a bail bond in the sum of Rs.25,000/-
with one surety of the like amount to the satisfaction of the Arresting
6. The petitioner shall not do anything, which shall either
prejudice the investigation or any of the prosecution witnesses. The
petitioner shall join investigation, as and when so required by the
7. The Petition is accordingly disposed of.
8. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
APRIL 17, 2018/’Sn’
BAIL APPLN. 2478/2016 Page 2 of 2