HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR RAJASTHAN AT
S.B. Criminal Misc(Pet.) No. 4582/2018
1. Maan Singh S/o Rewat Singh, Aged About 30 Years,
2. Rewat Singh S/o Kalyan Singh, Aged About 58 Years,
3. Dhapu Devi Spouse/o Rewat Singh, Aged About 55 Years,
All B/c Rajput, R/o Mahamandir, Naya Bass, Near Kishore
Singh Ji Ki Haveli, Jodhpur.
1. State, Through Pp
2. Smt. Anita Kanwar @ Guddu W/o Maan Singh, D/o Jai
Singh Ro Suryanagar, Mahamandir, Outside Of The Tisri
Pole, Mahamandir, Jodhpur.
For Petitioner(s) : Mr. N.K. Bohra
For Respondent(s) : Mr. VS Rajpurohit, Public Prosecutor
Mr. Narendra Kumar, for complainant
HON’BLE DR. JUSTICE PUSHPENDRA SINGH BHATI
1. It is stated at Bar that a compromise has been arrived
at between the parties and it is borne out from the compromise
that the complainant is not inclined to proceed further in the
2. Learned counsel for the parties have placed reliance on
a decision of Supreme Court in case of Gian Singh V/s. State of
Punjab Anr. [(2012) 10 SCC 303].
3. It is also submitted that upon the aforementioned
compromise, the learned court below vide order dated 18.5.2018,
(2 of 2) [CRLMP-4582/2018]
has verified the compromise between the parties to the extent of
offence under Section 406 IPC and has discharged the petitioner
of offence U/s.406 IPC. However, the learned court below has
declined to verify the compromise as regards offence under
Section 498-A IPC on the ground that the said offence is non-
4. In view of compromise arrived at between the parties
as well as the aforesaid order dated 18.5.2018 of the learned
court below and applying the ratio in decision of Gian Singh Vs.
State of Punjab Anr. (supra), I deem it just and proper to
invoke inherent powers of this Court under Section 482 Cr.P.C.
5. Accordingly, the present misc. petition is allowed and
the petitioners are discharged of offence under Sections 406 and
498-A IPC as well, in relation to Criminal Regular Case
No.105/2013 (State Vs. Maan Singh) pending before the learned
Judicial Magistrate No.7, Jodhpur Metropolitan.
(DR. PUSHPENDRA SINGH BHATI),J
Powered by TCPDF (www.tcpdf.org)