HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD, LUCKNOW BENCH
?Court No. – 13
Case :- U/S 482/378/407 No. – 8226 of 2019
Applicant :- Meraj Ahmad Others
Opposite Party :- State Of U.P. Another
Counsel for Applicant :- Sunil Kumar Singh,Sudhir Kumar
Counsel for Opposite Party :- Govt. Advocate
Hon’ble Dinesh Kumar Singh,J.
1. Heard learned counsel for the petitioners as well as learned Additional Government Advocate and perused the record.
2. By means of this petition preferred under Section 482 Cr.P.C. the petitioners have prayed for quashing the entire proceedings of Case Crime No.474 of 2014 (State of U.P. Vs. Meraj Ahmad and others), under Sections 498A, Section494 IPC and Section 3/Section4 Dowry Prohibition Act, Police Station Wazirganj, District Lucknow, pending in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, C.B.I. (AP), Lucknow and the summoning order dated 19.7.2016 and the order dated 24.8.2018 passed by the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, C.B.I. (AP), Lucknow.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioners submits that he would like to file an application for discharge under the provisions of SectionCr.P.C., to which learned counsel for the State, does not have any objection.
4. Accordingly, the petitioners are granted liberty to file an application in conformity with the provisions of SectionCr.P.C., within a period of ten days from today. After the said application is filed, learned trial Court is directed to dispose of the same within a period of thirty days thereafter. The petitioners are also granted liberty to appear through their counsel. Till expiry of forty days, no coercive steps shall be taken against the petitioners.
5. With the aforesaid observations / directions, the petition stands disposed of.
Order Date :- 21.11.2019