* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 04.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4424/2019
MOHD. RASHEED ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr.Manish Kapoor, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr.M.S. Oberoi, APP for State.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 35045/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.1352/2015 dated 20.09.2015 registered at Police Station Neb Sarai
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
4. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C. 4424/2019 Page 1 of 3
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 31.01.2011.
Due to extreme incompatibilities between the petitioners and respondent
no.2, they started living separately from 18.06.2011.
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before Mediation
Centre, Saket Courts, New Delhi vide settlement deed dated 27.02.2019 and
settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The complainant/respondent no.2 is present in person and has
produced her Aadhar Card bearing No.935840745245 (Original Seen and
Returned) and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to
prosecute the matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.1352/2015 dated
20.09.2015 registered at Police Station Neb Sarai instituted for the offences
CRL.M.C. 4424/2019 Page 2 of 3
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section509 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 04, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4424/2019 Page 3 of 3