* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 12.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4561/2019
NARESH CHAND ORS ….. Petitioners
Through Mr.Kuldeep Gola, Adv.
STATE ANR ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State.
SI Sachin PS Subhash Place.
Mr.J.S. Arya, Adv. with Ms.Dimple
Nagpal, Adv. for complainant with
complainant in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 35591/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.421/2016 dated 18.07.2016 registered at Police Station Subhash Place
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 4561/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 10.12.2005 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately.
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before Delhi
Mediation Centre, Rohini District Courts, Delhi vide settlement deed dated
21.05.2019 and settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Sachin of Police Station Subhash Place and submits that
matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
CRL.M.C. 4561/2019 Page 2 of 3
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.421/2016 dated
18.07.2016 registered at Police Station Subhash Place instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 12, 2019/ab
CRL.M.C. 4561/2019 Page 3 of 3