* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 10.10.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 5092/2019
NITIN MAVI ORS ….. Petitioners
Through Mr.Rajesh Sherawat, Adv. with
Mr.Yashpal Singh Khari, Adv.
STATE (GOVT. OF N.C.T OF DELHI) ANR ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmad, APP for State.
SI Jagjeevan PS Badarpur.
Respondent no.2 in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 37704/2019
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. In view of the reasons stated in the present application, the delay of 35
days in re-filing the petition is condoned.
4. The application is allowed and disposed of.
CRL.M.C.5092/2019 Page 1 of 3
5. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.199/2016 dated 14.06.2016 registered at Police Station Badarpur
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
6. Notice issued.
7. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and respondent no.2,
who is present in court, and with the consent of the counsel for the parties,
the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
8. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married as per Hindu rites
9. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement by mutual consent.
They had started living together as husband and wife happily since October
2018 and settled all their disputes amicably.
10. The complainant is present in person and has produced Aadhar Card
issued by Government of India bearing No.947657647837 (original seen and
returned) and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to
prosecute the matter any further.
CRL.M.C.5092/2019 Page 2 of 3
11. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
12. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.199/2016 dated
14.06.2016 registered at Police Station Badarpur instituted for the offences
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
13. The petition is allowed accordingly.
14. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
OCTOBER 10, 2019
CRL.M.C.5092/2019 Page 3 of 3