* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 26.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4901/2019
PRABHJOT SINGH ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. Deepak Kumar Khushalani, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State
Mr. Neeraj Thakkar, Adv. for R-2
with respondent no.2 in person
Insp. Sudhir Kumar, PS Shalimar
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No
9/2018 dated 05/01/2018 registered at Police Station Shalimar Bagh
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
CRL.M.C. 4901/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 12.02.2017 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately from
5. The petitioner and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement on 10.08.2018
before Learned ADJ, North West, Rohini Courts and settled all their
6. The total settlement amount is ₹10,00,000/-(Rupees Ten Lacs only). It
is submitted that the respondent No. 2 has already received an amount of
₹7 lakhs (Rupees Seven Lacs Only). A bankers cheque bearing No.977062
dated 23.09.2019 for the balance amount of ₹3,00,000/- (Rupees Three lacs
only) is handed over to the respondent No. 2 today in the Court.
7. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Sudhir Kumar of Police Station Shalimar Bagh and submits
that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter
8. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
CRL.M.C. 4901/2019 Page 2 of 3
petitioners any further.
9. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 9/2018 dated 05/01/2018
registered at Police Station Shalimar Bagh instituted for the offences
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section509 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
10. The petition is allowed accordingly.
11. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4901/2019 Page 3 of 3