* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 16.07.2018
+ CRL.M.C. 497/2018
PRADEEP ORS. ….. Petitioners
THE STATE GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI ANR. ….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioners : Mr.Rakesh Sharma, Advocate with petitioners in
For the Respondents : Mr.Raghuvinder Verma, APP for the State.
S.I. Jasmer Singh, P.S. Jahangir Puri
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. The petitioners seek quashing of FIR No. 346 of 2007, under
Sections 498A/406/34 of IPC, registered at Police Station Jahangir Puri. It
is contended that the said FIR was lodged consequent to a matrimonial
discord. It is further contended that the complainant has since expired on
account of natural reasons.
2. Learned counsels for the petitioners submits that the settlement has
been arrived at between the father of the complainant as well as the
Crl.M.C. 497/2018 Page 1 of 2
petitioners. Compromise Deed dated 16.12.2016 has been executed.
3. Mr. Lal Babu Prashad, father of the complainant, is present in court
in person. He submits that he has settled the dispute with the petitioners and
is agreeable to the settlement and does not wish to press the criminal
charges against the petitioners any further.
4. In view of the fact that the disputes between the petitioners and
respondent no. 2 emanate out of a matrimonial discord and have been
settled, continuation of criminal proceedings will be an exercise in futility
and justice in the case demands that the dispute between the parties is put to
an end and peace is restored; securing the ends of justice being the ultimate
guiding factor. It would be expedient to quash the subject FIR and the
consequent proceedings emanating therefrom.
5. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No. 346 of 2007
under Sections 498A/406/34 of IPC, Police Station Jahangir Puri and the
consequent proceedings emanating therefrom are, accordingly quashed.
6. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
JULY 16, 2018/km
Crl.M.C. 497/2018 Page 2 of 2