R. Balakrishna Bhat Ors. etc. Vs. Bank of Baroda Ors. etc.
[Civil Appeal Nos.3762-3764 of 2014]
[R.P.(C) No.1202 of 2017 In C.A. No.8422 of 2013]
[R.P.(C) No.1201 of 2017 In C.A. No.8424 of 2013]
Uday Umesh Lalit, J.
1. These appeals by special leave arise out of Judgment and Order dated 09.10.2013 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Madras allowing Writ 2 Appeal Nos.1127 to 1129 of 2013 and dismissing Writ Petition Nos.6632 of 2007, 9952 of 2007 and 14983 of 2007.
2. The aforesaid Writ Petitions preferred by the present appellants were allowed by Single Judge of High Court vide common Judgment and Order dated 14.12.2012. While setting aside the decision of the Single Judge, the Division Bench relied upon its Judgment rendered in Writ Appeal No.355 of 2013 and allied matters (Indian Overseas Bank and Another v. C.R. Chandrasekaran etc.)
3. Said Judgment rendered in Indian Overseas Bank and Another v. C.R. Chandrasekaran etc. by the Division Bench was affirmed by this Court in Civil Appeal Nos.8420-8421 of 2013 vide order dated 01.02.2017.
4. The controversy in the present appeals is similar to that arising in Union Bank of India vs. United Bank of India Retirees’ Welfare Associations and others which have been disposed of by us vide Judgment of even date. Since the issues involved in the present matter are identical, these appeals are dismissed in terms of our Judgment rendered in United Bank of India and Others etc.
5. The appeals and review petitions, therefore, stand dismissed. No order as to costs.
………………………J. (Adarsh Kumar Goel)
………………………J. (Uday Umesh Lalit)
May 16, 2018