* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 30.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4349/2019
RAJ KUMAR ….. Petitioner
Through: Mr.Prem Kumar Chaudhary, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through: Mr.Panna Lal Sharma, APP for State.
SI Rajender PS Malviya Nagar.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioner seeks direction thereby
quashing FIR No.75/2015 dated 19.01.2015, registered at PS – Vasant
Vihar, for the offences punishable under Sections 354 IPC and all other
proceedings emanating therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The petitioner and respondent no.2 got married on 23.10.2015 as per
Hindu rites and rituals. Two children were born out of the wedlock namely
Khushi Kumari and Ayush Kumar.
CRL.M.C.4349/2019 Page 1 of 2
5. The petitioner and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement by mutual consent.
They had started living together as husband and wife happily and settled all
their disputes amicably.
6. Respondent No.2 is personally present in Court with learned counsel
and she has been identified by SI Rajender/IO and submits that matter has
been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioner any further.
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.75/2015 dated 19.01.2015,
registered at PS – Vasant Vihar, for the offences punishable under Sections
354 IPC and consequent proceedings therefrom are quashed.
9. The petition is allowed accordingly.
10. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
CRL.M.C.4349/2019 Page 2 of 2