HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
?Court No. – 71
Case :- CRIMINAL MISC. BAIL APPLICATION No. – 2241 of 2020
Applicant :- Rajat Rajput
Opposite Party :- State of U.P.
Counsel for Applicant :- Arun Kumar Tripathi
Counsel for Opposite Party :- G.A.
Hon’ble Saumitra Dayal Singh,J.
1. Heard Sri Arun Kumar Tripathi, learned counsel for the applicant as well as Sri Ankit Shrivastav, learned AGA for the State and perused the material placed on record.
2. The instant bail application has been filed on behalf of the applicant – Rajat Rajput with a prayer to release him on bail in Case Crime No. – 319 of 2019, under Section – 354 I.P.C. and 7/8 POCSO Act, Police Station – Mohammadabad, District – Farrukhabad, during pendency of trial.
3. Having heard learned counsel for the parties, at present:
(i) the applicant is accused of molestation, punishable with imprisonment of 7 years;
(ii) against FIR lodged on 24.08.2019, the applicant is in confinement since 26.09.2019;
(iii) the applicant claims to have cooperated in the investigation. In any case he is not shown to have unduly evaded arrest;
(iv) the applicant has no criminal history;
(v) chargesheet has already been submitted yet trial has not commenced. Therefore, there is no hope of early conclusion of the trial;
(vi) on prima facie basis, only for purpose of grant of bail, it has been submitted by learned counsel for the applicant that the FIR allegations are plainly false arising from disapproval of the relationship of the applicant with the alleged victim, by her family;
(vii) in any case, no reasonable apprehension has been brought to the fore by the State that the applicant, if enlarged on bail would either tamper with the evidence or delay the trial.
4. In view of the above, without expressing any opinion on the final merits of the case, let the applicant involved in the aforesaid crime be released on bail, on his furnishing a personal bond and two sureties each in the like amount, to the satisfaction of the court concerned, with the following conditions:-
(i) The applicant shall not tamper with the prosecution evidence by intimidating/pressuring the witness, during the investigation or trial.
(ii) The applicant shall cooperate in the trial sincerely without seeking any adjournment.
(iii) The applicant shall not indulge in any criminal activity or commission of any crime after being released on bail.
5. In case, of breach of any of the above conditions, the bail being granted shall be cancelled.
6. Identity, status and residence proof of the applicant and sureties be verified by the court concerned before the bonds are accepted.
Order Date :- 14.1.2020